Sunday, April 10, 2011

Featured Artist for April 12: Peter Murphy

Those who know me, know I absolutely adore the music of Peter Murphy. I've been waiting a while to present this very special program to coincide with his latest release. At last, his forthcoming album Ninth will be out in early June, and a new 2-song single ("I Spit Roses" with B-Side "The Prince & Old Lady Shade") has just dropped!

I'll forego you the lengthy bio this week, as you can read that here. There's really not much I could add to a discussion of his prolific and well-documented career, anyway. But I will say this, Peter's unearthly baritone voice and slender, ghostly features have earned him a place in alt-rock history as the Godfather of Goth, or simply the Gothfather. His uncanny knack for ethereal lyrics and compelling musical arrangements is the stuff of legend. We'll feature his solo works principally, as his work with Bauhaus is a show unto itself.

So, if you love Peter Murphy's music as much as I do, you won't want to miss this week's episode of Up All Night, airing Tuesday at 2am Mountain. If you have a favourite tune of Peter's you'd like to request, please do so in the comments section below.

Cheers eh! -DJ Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment