Saturday, April 16, 2011

Featured Artist for April 19: R.E.M.


Well friends, it's all come down to this. For the penultimate episode (and final Featured Artist) of Up All Night, I'm saving the best for last. That's right, we're shining our spotlight on arguably the greatest band in the history of college radio: R.E.M.

As mentioned previously, Up All Night is on final approach, giving way the first week in May to my new show OVER EASY, and with the final episode not having a Featured Artist (I've another surprise in store!) I felt the best way to end things off would be to showcase my all-time favourite band. And I plan to do it in a novel way.

R.E.M. has for nearly 30 years defined the sound of a generation of college radio bands and fans alike. And in celebration of their unique contribution to the genre, I plan to play "Firsts" from R.E.M. No, this is not a song or album of theirs, but I will play the lead title from each of their studio albums including their 1982 debut EP Chronic Town - a total of 16 songs in all!

Artists put a lot of effort deciding which tracks should lead off their albums and this Tuesday we'll honour that work and jam to some great R.E.M. titles in the process. Sound like fun?  Well, I hope so!

So join me, DJ Mark, and tune in Tuesday from 2-6am Mountain time for what I know will be a very memorable episode of Up All Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment